View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 17, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm sure you will get loads of replies saying absolutely yes it is worth it, and don't get me wrong we had a great day there and thought it good value for money with everything that was included in the ticket price.

But... for it to be worth the money I think you need to use Sea World and aquatica if not Busch tickets too, and given you are already doing Disney and universal in 12 days you won't have much spare time.

Also, I had previously swam with dolphins in Mexico and in comparison the dolphin swim at discovery cove is very poor. It is more of an interaction then one short fin pull by one dolphin. It was fine for the ages our kids were and them not knowing any different, but disappointing for my husband and me. In Mexico we had 2 dolphins who did the fin pull (one in each hand), also did them pushing us by their noses on our feet so you raise up out of the water, dolphins jumping over bars we held over our heads etc.

I wouldn't hesitate to go back to DC if the price was right and I could make good use of the SW and AQ tickets but I wouldn't do the dolphin swim there again.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List