Thread: clearwater etc
View Single Post
Old 16 Apr 08, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
wayneg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cherry pie View Post
oh no! i love the hilton been going there for about 12 years. why was it so bad.

theres a salvador dali museum in saint petes. the jewellery in the gift shop is amazing.
It was Oct 1999, when we booked it it was a Double tree but just before we got there Hilton rebranded and started doing work on it, I guess they were nowhere near finishing the transformation. We went into eat there, think it was Fri night Surf and Turf buffet, we got seated had a drink walked upto the buffet and looked at each other, we could not believe they called it a buffet, I cook a bigger piece of beef on a Sunday at home. there were a few shrimp 2 soups a bit of salad and a little veg. For about $30 each. I told the manager it was a disgrace, paid for 3 cokes and walked out. After the fantastic meals we had had in Orlando we could not believe it. The main places to eat nearby were all fish restaraunts, DW wont eat fish.
We did not get on with the staff, don't know what it was it was just not a friendly place.
We saw the Virgin rep all she could do was try sell timeshare, trying to get us look around places.
The only things we enjoyed was the pier and sunsets. Now with all the experience we have we would probably enjoy it more, get a car, do more research, back then it was only our 2nd vist to US and still learning.