View Single Post
Old 18 Sep 21, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Hey Kelly,

I was kind of waiting on the off chance that USA would open up. But that is a pipe dream at the mo, and I don't want to hang around waiting anymore, I want to get on and enjoy the countries that do want us to visit...

So, this morning we booked a short break to Rome during October half term. I've not been to Italy since I was young child, when we went to Venice. Dave and the kids have never been to Italy.

We had avios and so I've booked Club Europe, BA's business class for both the outbound and return flights. It was only £200 for all four of us. We get to enjoy the lounge at T5 before the flight too.

Italy entry restrictions are saying that children under 18 are treated the same as fully vaccinated parents so we can travel their quarantine free. I *think* we will all need a covid test before we go, but we won't need one to come home so that's good.

I still need to book a hotel for 4 nights, but I'm going to use clubcard vouchers and book through hotels.com. this is going to end up being a pretty cheap trip!

The DVC sale is still awaiting Disney right of first refusal we are nearly 3 weeks in. Just keeping my fingers crossed that it goes through.

I'll start a pre trip for the Rome holiday in the next few weeks.

A x
I really don't blame you, we started looking at Canada last week and also other destinations after last nights announcement.

Oh Italy will be lovely and even better you've managed to get such a great price. Again that's somewhere we'd like to go ... one day. You've also reminded me we have clubcard vouchers to get used up too ...

I still have everything crossed the DVC resale, I hope you hear soon!

Really looking forward to the pre-trippie, I'm sure it'll be an amazing trip xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List