View Single Post
Old 8 Feb 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

C&L 14 nights in Thailand - March 2017

Hi , welcome to my pre-trippie for our trip to Thailand.

I am Laura and my DH is Chris, we both are 27 and live in South London. We love to travel and see new places, however we also love Disney. We visited Orlando for the first time in 2015 for our honeymoon and whilst would have loved to have returned the next year, we have decided to wait until 2018 to go back so we can explore a few other countries first

Thailand had been on our list of places we wanted to go for a very long time so started researching where about we should visit. We originally decided on Bangkok and Phuket but, if anyone has read my KL trip report, you will know I LOVE ELEPHANTS ! I had read about this elephant hill trip but a few quotes I had received had been quite a bit above our budget but Hayes and Jarvis quoted as exactly what we were expecting to pay

Our itinerary is:

Fly with Eva Air to Bangkok, flight leaves from Heathrow at 9.20pm and lands the next day at 3.45pm. Neither of us has flown with Eva Air before so will be interested to see what they are like!

We have a private transfer booked from the airport then are spending three nights in the Century Park Hotel. This was the one Hayes and Jarvis suggested following our request, we looked a couple of others but were happy with the location of this one as it is a 5 minute walk from a skytrain station

(borrowed from google)

We haven't made a plan for Bangkok yet but as we only have two full days in Bangkok we will try to squeeze in as much as we can.

We leave Bangkok early for a flight to Phuket at 7.35am with Thai Airways, arriving at 8.50am. We then get a coach for the elephant hills excursion. I think this is about a 3 hour coach journey so this is going to be a long morning!

This is the description we have from Hayes and Jarvis (and photos from them).

Elephant Hills Elephant Experience, a chance to get up close to the largest land animal in Asia! - Canoe Safari down the Sok river - Evening Activities: dance performances, cooking demonstrations and overnight at Elephant Hills Luxury Tented Camp. 2nd Days Activities:- Check out and transfer to Cheow Larn Lake - day's activities include: - Lake Exploration in local longtail boat. - Arrive at the Rainforest Camp and check in. Self paddle canoes are available to explore the area and there is time to swim in the emerald waters of the lake. - Guided canoe safari and Wildlife spotting. - Overnight at the Rainforest Camp a luxury floating tented camp. 3rd Days Activities: - Jungle Trekking on foot through southern Thailand's unique Rainforest environment. - Lunch at the Rainforest Camp and chance to swim before return transfer to hotel or airport.

We have to pack a small back for the night at the Rainforest camp so we will make sure we do that before we leave Bangkok so we are not faffing around with our case.

After spending 2 nights on the elephant hills excursion we then get a coach to Centara Karon Resort in Phuket for 8 nights. I am so excited to have some time to relax, work has been manic recently so will be nice to chill out .

I may be paying the gym a visit. If there are any Dibb BBG girls out there, you will understand, I will be in Thailand during weeks 9 and 10 of the challenge !

We don’t have many plans for Phuket yet, definitely will be visiting Phi Phi Islands but we will see what else takes our fancy

After 8 nights here we fly home, leaving Phuket Airport at 10.20am, arriving at Bangkok at 11:45am. Our flight to Heathrow leaves at 1.05pm so we do not have too long to wait. We get back to Heathrow at 7.20pm, probably pretty sad that our holiday is over !

Thank you for reading

Edited at 10:01 PM.
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List