Old 25 Jul 19, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The Bare Necessities - Cocktails, coffee and cookies Summer 2019

Welcome to another one of my food reports.

This year me, Dave, Max and Kate are joined by a couple of extra cast members! I’m so excited as my Mum and Dad are coming with us. They have been to Florida before (The Keys) but not to Orlando. The last time they went to a theme park was DLP in 2000 and they both thought it was a bit crowded and I don’t think they enjoyed it all that much . I’m crossing my fingers and toes that they enjoy everything that WDW and Universal has to offer .

So, if you like lots of photos like these

I should think the title of the food report is at least one third explained by now

And lots of photos like these

Those are some of Max's best plates from last year.

Don't panic some of us know how to buffet

Then you’re in for a treat

I’ll try not to take the photo too many times, like this

or ones where we've already started eating, like these

Pre travel day is Monday 29th July, so really not long to go now

We like to stay in an airport hotel the night before. There are usually one or two of these…

We like to kick off the holiday with how we mean to carry on

We are flying into MCO and will catch the magical express to Port Orleans French Quarter. This is our first visit here, we passed it on the river boat to Disney Springs when we stayed at Riverside last summer. It looks like it’s going to be an amazing resort to stay in, I’ve been keenly following Rescuers report as she stayed POFQ and I hope we can also sample some of the Beignets.

We have the DDP for 14 nights. So, for the six of us that will be 84 table service credits, 84 quick service credits and 168 snack credits Lordy, I am struggling to think how we will get through all those credits, my current plan includes getting a fair few drinks as snack credits as I just can’t see we will be able to eat all the food otherwise.

Hence, the coffee part of the title.

Of course we will do our best to sample as many Mickey shaped items as we can.

And to complete the three part title, we will do our best to eat as many cookies as we can especially the ice cream cookie sandwiches.

While staying at WDW we will be at Discovery Cove for the day. I’ll try to take as many photos of the food as possible.

After that we have two nights at Royal Pacific Resort and three days of passes for Universal and Islands of Adventure. This will be our first time at a Universal onsite hotel and our first time of having the front of line passes.

Narrowing down where to eat at Citywalk and also making the ADRs for the WDW stay was really tricky. I wanted to try to include some of our favourites, but also some new places for us all too. I'll put all those plans in a later post.

I hope you enjoy reading about it all and l'm looking forward to sharing it with you.

Bye for now

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List