View Single Post
Old 7 Apr 17, 05:00 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Day 8 - CBR, Blizzard Beach and Animal Kingdom

Thank you to everyone for your lovely comments. It's good to hear that my food ramblings are being helpful to some of you.

Today we had breakfast at CBR. However, it was more like brunch as we overslept and didn't get to the food court until after 11am. All but one station stopped serving breakfast items at 11am, but I managed to get what I fancied by asking nicely Izzy had the most unusual breakfast of the holiday. We used our resort mugs and swapped the drinks for snacks, which were saved for later. We ordered:
Me - Plain pancakes with bacon and fruit with a dark chocolate and sea salt Kind bar (I do like these!).
Andy - Western omelette and breakfast potatoes with a raisin and oatmeal cookie.
Izzy - Pasta with marinara sauce and meatballs! with a chocolate chip cookie.
Brodie - Bounty platter with a chocolate chip cookie.

Breakfast/brunch was enjoyed by all, even the pasta and meatballs I saw someone else with pancakes and fruit - a lovely helping if fresh raspberries, blueberries and grapes. So, I'm going to look out for that if we get there in time for proper breakfast service again.

Lunch was from Lottawatta Lodge at Blizzard Beach. We didn't have much as we'd had such a late breakfast, but just wanted something to nibble on. We got:
Me - Harvest Salad with Chicken: Diced Apples, Dried Cherries, Candied Pecans, Cheddar, and Raspberry Walnut Dressing. I also got a Frozen Hot Cocoa. Apologies for all the capitals but I've just copied and pasted from the Dibb menu page.
Izzy and Brodie - Chicken tenders with chunky cut chips and a bottle of water.

As I fancied something light and fresh, I gave the salad a go. I was pleased that the dressing came in a pot on the side so I could dress it myself. I had to take the dried cherries out as they had a cinnamon flavour, but enjoyed the rest. The apple and pecans made it more interesting than a standard salad and it was just what I needed. Brodie had 3 of the chicken tenders and Andy had 1 as he wasn't really hungry but was tempted when he saw them. Izzy enjoyed the chunky chips with mayonnaise.

Dinner was at the Yak and Yeti table service restaurant in Animal Kingdom. We had $50 on a Landry's card to use towards the bill. We didn't have an adr, but showed our card and were seated in about 5 minutes. We ordered:
Me - Teriyaki Chicken: Marinated Chicken, Pineapple-Onion-Pepper skewers, Teriyaki Glaze, Coconut-Ginger Rice, stir-fried Vegetables.
Andy - Bhaktapur Duck: Roasted half ducking, plum BBQ sauce, jasmine rice, stir-fried vegetables.
Izzy - Kalbi Steak and Coconut Shrimp: Grilled marinated flat iron steak, pineapple-mango salsa, coconut shrimp, chili plum sauce, wasabi mashed potatoes, stir-fried vegetables. We asked for the steak medium rare and swapped the wasabi mash for rice. We also asked for the salsa and plum sauce to be served on the side.
Brodie - 44 Farms Burger: Texas burger served with lettuce, tomato and onion, with fries. We asked for the onion to be left off and swapped the fries for rice.

This was all really good! I can see why it's popular with dibbers. It was lovely to get a good portion of vegetables with our meals too. I wasn't overly impressed with our server though as he seemed quite put out by the changes we made to the children's meals, saying that he would try but couldn't promise anything and I felt like we were being difficult. He also didn't bother to offer to refresh our drinks until we'd just about finished our meal either. Server aside, we'd definitely go back there

The only other thing that we got today was a couple more snacks when we got back to the resort at around 9.45pm. A pain au chocolat for Izzy and a raisin and oatmeal cookie for Andy.

Tomorrow the plan is breakfast at CBR (before 11am!), Hollywood Studios and Epcot.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List