View Single Post
Old 29 Nov 21, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by greggo6 View Post

Hey everyone.

We travelled to Orlando with Virgin Atlantic yesterday, 28th November 2021, and I thought I would update you on some key points - good and bad. Overall our travel experience was very positive, other than the extra Covid checks and wearing a mask it felt ‘normal'

Check-in was pretty easy and they were managing the crowds really well. Some people did not have the correct paperwork or had not completed the FlyReady which was causing some hold ups. But overall it was pretty quick and seamless. The check in agent thanked us for completing the Fly Ready as it made their lives easier!

Security was pretty quick too, we waited about 10 minutes. Once through security, with no body scan this time! we went to the Number 1 lounge.

We got a lovely quiet corner in the library and had some breakfast from the buffet.

We were in the lounge for about 1 and half hours then we were called to the gate to start boarding. Eeeekkkkkkk.

The gate was a bit chaotic with lots of people waiting and the boarding was delayed due to lack of cleaning staff causing delays. But we're going to Florida so it doesn't matter! 😁

I loved this message waiting for us on the plane 😍

I didn't however miss the safety video! 😂

This was the Premium Economy menu outbound for anyone interested.

I didn't get a photo of the meal, but I had the Jerk Chicken and it was lovely. Had a nice kick to it and it filled a spot.

I was really worried about wearing a mask for 9+ hours but it was honestly not that bad. With breaks for eating and drinking and wearing a disposable mask it wasn't bad at all.

Afternoon tea was served about 90 minutes before landing. It was really nice, I loved the sandwich.

Thanks for a smooth flight Miss England

Well… immigration was a breeze! We were through in 2 minutes. That's the fastest we've ever been through. I was really impressed with it, we got the usual grumpy deadpan border agent! 😂

The longest wait was for the bags but this was only about 15 minutes. Soon we were through and waiting for the monor… sorry, train! 😉

Ah I've missed this view… it's been far too long. It was very emotional seeing the beautiful MCO… carpet! 😁😉

Our travel experience was a very positive one. We couldn't really complain about anything. We're just happy to be back ‘home'

couldn

We picked up our hire car and drove to the beautiful Kidani Village. It's such a stunning resort and the Christmas decorations are amazing.

We unpacked and went across to Jambo House to get dinner at the Mara.

Pulled pork sandwich

Cheeseburger

And of course Zebra Domes!

We're in a 1 bed villa for 3 nights and the room is amazing.

Looks FANTASTIC have a wonderful time 🥰🇺🇸

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List