View Single Post
Old 2 Dec 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Jillzo
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
We are really lucky in that we have a friend who does a bit of dog walking/sitting and so she home boards mine, he feels really happy there and I know she looks after him probably better than I do 😂

I probably wouldn’t get a puppy if I had 2 x 2 week holidays booked though, you just don’t know what kind of dog they will be, completely happy to be looked after by anyone, or anxious and pine for you. Puppies can be hard work. My dog is more than happy home boarding with the right person but would hate kennels and as such I have never sent him there.
I used to travel the world, but tend to do 1-2 one week cruises now I have him, and several weekends, both UK and Europe.

Then I take him places, he loves a holiday, he’s gone all over the place with me. Round the NC500 was a highlight. Maybe because I don’t have kids though he is a bit of a child, I miss him terribly so 8 days is the longest he has been at the dog sitter.

I’d get your holidays out of the way, and look at a pup the spring after as toilet training is so much easier in spring.

What sort of dog are you thinking of getting?
We've had a few dogs previous, so agreed toilet training can be... Interesting!
We are the same no kids, and 2 hols next year is a one off!
Jillzo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List