View Single Post
Old 23 Jul 14, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nordictat2girl View Post
I went with the ABC's route and actually, it's sometimes cheaper to book with brokers than through the rental company themselves. It's worth it to check ALL options especially if one is on a budget. I'm not forcing anyone to book with a certain website...they can choose which links they want to click on

Louli...I will add the links so if a Dibber wants to find out more about the codes they can
As far as Save time etc. That is ually mentioned in your booking when you book with Alamo, Usrentacar etc.
You are right - brokers can be cheaper. But The reason I dont use them is that they work on a very tight margin and can easily go bust - this happened a couple of years ago with one of the biggest ones. People were turning up at the car hire desks after long flights and there was no car for them as it hadn't been paid for by the agents. Getting their money back was a nightmare as insurance companies we're requiring formal letters of insolvency which they wouldn't supply.
This is unlikely to happen with the actual car hire companies themselves.
In about the last 15 hires I have done - alamo brits has come put cheapest every single time.
So for me, there is a big difference between agents and the actual hire companies. Also I generally don t like agents of any kind. They have to be paid. If their prices are cheaper of the same something must be missing - maybe in service - I don't know.
I generally ail only use an agent for car hire ig it is a last minute thing where these is less chance of this happening.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List