View Single Post
Old 23 May 18, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Hmm, not doing Disney, but being in Orlando was a bit weird. I wanted to have a break as DH likes to go elsewhere and he would prefer to not go every year, or even every other year.

We really had a fab holiday in 2017, and I would consider it again if we did another split stay and wanted to visit a different city in the US. We had the 5 days in NYC and then just 9 days in Orlando so we (ok, it was just me really!) wanted to fit in other stuff in Orlando and I knew that only a couple of Disney days wouldn't be enough for me. It's a bit of cutting my nose off to spite my face and the idea that if I can't do it properly I don't want to do it at all.

So, in Orlando we had a day each at Seaworld, Discovery Cove, Aquatica and Volcano Bay then 4 days for both the unviversal parks and citywalk. I know that's only 8 days, but I'm not counting the travel home day! Anyway, it was brilliant and we really enjoyed our I drive stay as we got to go to so many fab restaurants. I know other Dibbers have done DS or wdw resorts to get a fix, when not going to the wdw parks, but I didn't want to as I thought this would make it worse to actually see Disney and not go in.

I also think it made it easier at the time knowing we'd be back in 2018. I'd already booked up this year's holiday and so I knew that we'd be returning to wdw in as I had already paid the deposit so it made it easier to resist.

Thanks for the info about your parking in the past with premier. I think I will go for it again this year as it's so easy and pretty cheap. It's great to know it wasn't extortionate to add the extra days on.
Thank you for all that information Abby. It would only be 1 year that we consider taking a Disney break, HOWEVER, my fear is when we get to Orlando and see all the Disney billboards on the I4 i will start sobbing So we will see

I also might look at the Magic My Way tickets you can get in the US, I think they are 4 or 5 day tickets. So at least I get a tiny Disney fix and then move on to the Hard Rock Hotel

Hope you get the hotel / parking booked up.

Happy planning, speak soon

x