View Single Post
Old 16 Sep 18, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Go read TDR Explorer website as it talks about many things you ask about, such as when to come visit.

But a few things from me:

2) There are times during the year when the parks reach capacity and they stop people going in. Certain hotels (all Disney ones and the Good Neighbour ones like the Sheraton and Hilton at Tokyo Bay (who are across the road from the park)) sell tickets that guarantee entry no matter how busy it gets. Weekends and public holidays are best avoided if at all possible. You can buy tickets before you go but you save nothing so suggest buy them there from hotel, Disney stores etc.
However if not staying at one of the hotels above, buy them before you go to parks to save valuable time in queues when you should be in the parks !

3) What do you want to do in Japan apart from the parks, or is it only the parks? I go in May and only want to do the 2 Disney parks and Tokyo - going for 9 nights, well 8 as we loose one travelling!

5) early / middle May is when I choose to go, the time just after Golden Week (which is the biggest public holiday in Japan) so after that is a quieter time to go, as the Japanese have all gone back to work mostly! Weather should be spring / warm before the rainy season starts the following month. Autumn is supposed to be nice too , but did not research that. Avoid summer as heat / humidity is brutal.

Please more questions as folks here have been soooooo helpful.

YouTube folks that I have followed include “thisNatasha” who goes to Tokyo parks often, and I like parts where she goes round Tokyo city.

TDR Explorer YT channel is great too, and he goes to Universal too.
He has published 2 ebooks about Disney / tips for Japan (that I have) and just released one for Universal Japan.

Edited at 09:03 PM.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List