View Single Post
Old 19 May 19, 01:17 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duncanb View Post
I will be throwing a spanner in works here but:
1 Have complainers flown on both?
2.Would you prefer to be less polluting for the sake of a inch or so?
3.Hand on heart is an old bit of c@#p (however nice it was in the day) really better than a modern bit of kit.
For me I've flown both the 747 Was lovely but is dial up internet.
The A350 is superior to a Dreamliner and flown that as well.
Progress is what it is, an old shed needs to be scrapped and that is what VA 747s are today.
You may be confusing those sorry to see the 747 departure vs those disappointed re the demise of the larger PE seat. I'm indifferent re VA aircraft type, but I physically can't fit in a width of 17.7".

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
With regards to the narrower seats in the new VA aircraft I'm keeping my counsel until I have tried them. I lay money they will be awesome.
Unfortunately Tom, with ample hips, plus TENs and bulky metal plated back brace there's no way I can, or will, be shoe-horned into a 17.7" (or 18.5" as the 8 April 2019 article below claims) wide seat with static armrests. Be interesting to see how VA market the reduced width PE seat. Your photo reflects you're a slim chap, a width reduction may not affect you, but after years of 21" of PE width coupled with your back issues I'll take your bet and raise you that you/lady wife will notice a significance difference.

A350-1000 article.