View Single Post
Old 20 Aug 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We kept Virgin for years as my husband liked it was "faster". With the latency issues in our area I was less convinced.
In the end after yet more issues with them and my dislike of their off shore BB support that was useless (I object to lies) I changed provider and moved from 150 meg to 40 with Sky ... (we've since upgraded again and now get 70) two months later my husband still hadn't noticed any difference ,so I told him we'd moved.
I would say all BB suppliers are not equal , even when using the same infrastructure so should be in theory. It's down to competency and systems for troubleshooting and how proactive they are at providing engineers when needed. I had a friend with a BB problem that to me clearly needed an Openreach engineer (and that's my area of expertise , I know what I'm talking about) and her provider absolutely refused and felt below advertised speeds and constant dropouts with her connection (connection not wifi) was acceptable. I was appalled.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List