View Single Post
Old 24 Aug 17, 03:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Chip&Dale
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
Well, I guess it's horses for courses. I didn't think I was defending anything, just giving my opinion - to us, it is worth the money for the experience it gives us. I know we are over-paying for a few bits of cake, a bit of cheese and crackers and a drink, but it is the experience of taking part in a special event to celebrate my hubby's love of this show that makes it worth while to us. We both work very hard all year for this holiday, and hubby is EXTREMELY tolerant of my Disney obsession, so I love to reward this and say thanks with a special treat for him.

I know some people won't think this is worth the money, but to us - it is. Simple as that.
Originally Posted by Barneyblue View Post
Not sure why you said this? As we all make decisions based sometimes on what others say and do and we all have opinions, and not for one second did we think silvercat was trying to defend the vastly over inflated prices as you put it. Tell me something in disney that's not overinflated that we haven't read about someone enjoying. I valued silvercats experience and her taking the time to share that, that's why I'm on this site. I love the way we all help each other out some how. silvercat I hope you and your DH have a wonderful time, based on your experience we are also going to try this new experience out, hopefully we will have a good evening also.
Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
Oh, forgot to add - I've been going to WDW since 1989 (this will actually be my 16th visit) so I guess I kind of know the real value of their events by now, and what they are worth to us.
Well said!

11/2016 ~ Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
11/2014 ~ Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Villa (Kissimmee) & Disney's Yacht Club Resort
12/2010 ~ Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista & Villa (Davenport)
11/2009 ~ Disney's Contemporary Resort & Villa (Kissimmee)
11/2008 ~ Villa (Davenport)
11/2007 ~ Villa (Davenport)
11/2006 ~ Villa (Davenport), Miami, Key West & Fort Lauderdale
Chip&Dale is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List