View Single Post
Old 18 Sep 17, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
Oh, forgot to add - I've been going to WDW since 1989 (this will actually be my 16th visit) so I guess I kind of know the real value of their events by now, and what they are worth to us.

Thank you for your kind words! I really hope you have a wonderful time at the event. Let me know what you think of POR, we are staying at French Quarter this year but have booked for Riverside next year. We've not stayed at this particular resort (either side) before, so I'm really looking forward to it!

HI we loved the POR.
I wasn't sure what to expect after staying at French quarter a number of years back. I thought the FQ was quite small but very pretty and a good bit quieter than I'm used too, but with a small child in tow, it was perfect for us.
Fast forward to now and an adult son. We were originally booked for CBR, but requested a move after hearing about the building work.
Its a much bigger resort with lots of things to do and see.

I loved the bridge, walkways, pool areas, shrubbery, convenience of buses and restaurant and bar etc (we took a preferred/hospitality area room).
We liked it so much, it has now become our resort of choice AFTER our DVC property(Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House)

I liked the sound of the fantasmic offering until I read that it was essentially a 'take away' with good seating. TBH, for that price, I'd prefer Mama Melrose OR the dessert party at the tomorrowland terrace at MK ( we did this twice and both loved it.)
Not sure how much it all costs now.
disney just seems to be getting more and more expensive these days.

I do hope you have a great time and tell us how this new fantasmic experience rates.

Oh and forgot to add, we did the horse and carriage ride. It was surreal. So relaxing. Beautiful animal. GO for it!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM

Edited at 09:50 PM.
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List