View Single Post
Old 25 Nov 17, 03:45 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
I would be fine with it but I’m thinking that our sons/sons-in-law who have never driven in the US might find it a bit too much after what will be a very long day with very tired kids in the back. It’s our own villa we’re travelling to so I’m ok with where everything is when we arrive. Just weighing up options at the moment and haven’t ruled out the Tampa car hire option.
We did it with young kids a couple of times. We stopped for a quick bite somewhere like Burger King and then they fell asleep. Unlike the drive from Miami it really wasn't any problem. It is a shame the first part leaving the airport and getting through Tampa is the only slightly stressful bit which is before they would get used to the driving.

A coach for 18 plus luggage sounds expensive. I wonder if a night at an airport hotel would be cheaper.

Just noticed you said indirect to Tampa. What time do you get in? That might make the hotel option even more appealing.

Edited at 03:46 AM.
DonnaD is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List