View Single Post
Old 12 Dec 17, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
katie
Imagineer

My saga so far - I saw my credit card had a charge for $22.75 for US tolls. I messaged them that I had paid cash in the 'exact change' lane at all tolls and asked for evidence & photos of my violations. They emailed me to say it would take 12-15 days to reply and I emailed back to say that was unacceptable but obviously got no reply. Today I got an answer to my email with a link to the Highways people showing the date & time of my alleged violations. I then emailed Avis again to say that I accept that I was at those tolls on the day and times claimed but that I paid cash in the exact change lane and had photo's to prove it. I attached the photos thinking that would sort it. However, I got another email from Avis with the same nondescript message to say they would reply in yet another 12-15 days! I'd had enough so I rang the telephone number in the Avis email, explained my total disgust at their inability to accept my evidence and refund my money. I was told that I must ring the Highways people and explain things to them as it is only they who can arrange for my money to be refunded. I protested that it was totally unacceptable that I had to do this as my contract was with Avis and that I had neither asked for, or wanted the epass and certainly objected to them taking money from my credit card without my authorisation and without them checking that the violation was legitimate. I was still fobbed off telling me to ring the Highways people despite asking for her manager. I said that it was unreasonable that I had to ring the USA incurring even more expense for something which is not of my doing. The lady at Avis then said that she would send me an email with the online contact details for the Highways department - I still haven't got thet. However I did find the contact form on the Highways website and gave them the same details of 'exact change' lane, transponder in car switched off (I know that doesn't matter now) and the fact that I had photo's showing my car in the 'exact change' lane in front of the payment maching with the Thank you sign illuminated. I now await a reply from them.
I am not desperate for the $22.75 and I know that other people have been charged much more but it's the principle of the thing. I had already had to get Avis to remove $77 dollars from my final bill for something which the Avis person couldn't even work out so I am a tad displeased with Avis.

Katie

Oh dear - sorry for the long post