View Single Post
Old 16 May 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DanniC View Post
On our first trip... we told our boys we were going to Spain, so they were fine with seeing the suitcases out for a while... we “posted” a letter, which was on the floor one morning, it had instructions to search the house for clues, these clues lead to little balls with jigsaw pieces in them, when they finally collected them all they put the jigsaw together. They looked at me when they finished it and said we’ve done...😂 I said read what it says... and it surprised them with “names... your off to Walt Disney world, they asked when and I said in 1 week... they were so excited.

I filmed it all and it’s an amazing memory to look back on.

We go next week and my eldest, now 9, still doesn’t want to know the exact day we are going so it’s a little surprise when we wake him early... Even though he knows we are going... 🙄😂
Your reveal sounds amazing, they must have loved that!

I did wonder about telling them we’ve booked August 2020, not 2021, but keeping the exact date secret. It won’t work for us though, as we’re going the last two weeks of the holidays, so by the time we get to our departure date, they’ll have worked out that it’s got to be then or never. (Plus they’ll have spent 4 weeks being disappointed!)

Still don’t know what to do!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List