View Single Post
Old 23 Aug 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
Last year in Black Angus we got talking to a waiter who explained some bits of the tipping that I never knew. For example in a restaurant where you are shown to the table by one person, served drinks by another and have a main waiting doing food and seeing to you - the main waiter has to give a percentage of the food bill to the busser and the bar man, regardless of what tip he receives, so if you don't tip the waiter is out of pocket on that table.
He also told us that disney waiting jobs were the holy grail and almost every waiter in Orlando is on a waiting list to get a disney job - he told us how much they earn and it was a massive sum - he also told us that they don;t get tips, tips go straight to Disney.
I have no idea how much of this is true, but he had not reason to make it up
I am friendly with a few Disney servers and extremely friendly with a Disney Barman.

They retain 100% of their tips and nothing goes to the kitchen staff or anybody else. Some choose to backhand the busser so their tables are looked after but that's their choice.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List