View Single Post
Old 14 May 18, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Availability issues...

Nothing is ever straight forward, is it?

Sigh.

Last week, after a meal out with our best friends (see trip report from last year), the idea of them coming with us again next year was floated. This is conditional on a number of things, the most important of which is Olly being able to get time off work. The jury is still out on this, but regardless, I asked Orlando Attractions to give me a price for them joining us for 10 nights. This would be from the 2nd July until the 13th July.

They came back with a price for a King Room with DxDDP. I enquired as to what a standard room would be, thinking that perhaps there had just been an error with the quote.

Tom came back saying there were currently no standard rooms available for our dates. What?! I began to panic about the Dufflers' unbooked room. I clarified with Tom. He'd fiddled with the dates, put in different numbers of parties. Nothing. I looked on Disney direct. Nothing. ATD. Nothing.

Pending Tom's enquiry with Disney as to what on Earth was going on, I came up with a vague solution whereby mine and DH's standard room could be transferred into the names of the Dufflers and with the dining plan downgraded and we would simply rebook a King. I was thinking of upgrading our room anyway on hindsight...

I put this by Tom who put it to Disney, who didn't seem to understand what I wanted. Really not that complicated. Disney wanted me and Neil to move two people in with us and have all four upgrade to DxDDP and then have another room of two. No.

Currently, we're at me having put together an email which Tom is going to forward to Guest Services articulating exactly what I want. Disney actually gets a better deal out of it as me and Neil will be upgrading. It's just so crazy that this has happened.

I personally think there's a convention on, causing some of the standard rooms to be block booked out. We wanted to book CSR last time we all went in 2014 and we had a similar problem, and our dates are the same as well. While it's likely that more rooms will be released, the Dufflers will want to book soon to get the $200 gift card.

Wish us luck!
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List