Old 15 Jan 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Princ3ss D View Post
Hi

We're booked for 10 nights going on the 5th April and will be staying at Atlantis in an Imperial Club room. We're a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children - ages 13 & 7). We haven't been to Dubai before and want to experience/see a few things but also want to enjoy the hotel/waterpark etc. Looking for advice on the following:

- Atlantis; imperial club access, waterpark - can you reserve beds etc, half-board option which we have included - do you still have to reserve a table if you have this option, how long it takes to get from the hotel to the malls/burj etc

- Hop on/off buses; would you recommend as a way to get around/see places or stick to taxis?

- Burj Khalifa; what day/time is best to go?

- Safari trip; says you get picked up around 3pm, any info would be helpful

- Any other tips/help would be much appreciated!

Many thanks
You have picked a really good time to go, April and October are my favourite months. Weather is perfect - gorgeous sunshine without the intense heat of the summer. Maybe the odd sandstorm but nothing too bad
I have stayed at Atlantis in imperial club a couple of times at Easter and it’s really busy so good idea to be prepared. It’s around 7 years since I stayed there at Easter as we now stay elsewhere but I’ll try and help although things may have changed. When I went there was no separate pool for Imperial guests and if you wanted good beds you had to get down yourself before breakfast to secure. This may have changed as it was an issue. I think there maybe a private beach section but can’t remember!
The hotel is situated on the palm and it takes around 20 min to get to the Dubai Mall and maybe 15 to Mall of the Emirates. There are lots of other smaller malls about but they are the main two. Taxis are really cheap and readily available. They will be queued up outside your hotel and the malls.
Burj Khalifa is right ourside the Dubai Mall so it makes sense to do them on the same day. I think early evening is the best time to do BK - sometimes there will be a lot of heat haze in the morning which will restrict visibility so best to avoid.
Half board is a great idea but as it’s Easter it may be an idea to book any restaurants you really want to try in advance. Always check if there is a supplement and you are happy to pay it before you go. Some of the higher end restaurants let you use your HB allowance but want a supplement which can be quite high. When making your bookings make sure they don’t clash with happy hour in the club room! Happy hour is 5-7pm and you don’t want to miss that! A few drinks in there before you go out will save a fortune as alcohol is expensive. Don’t forget afternoon tea either - good way of saving money on lunch and the afternoon tea offerings are extensive and include soft drinks.
Finally, look at the group on type sites for any discounts on trips or activities- there are loads
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List