View Single Post
Old 4 Sep 21, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
We had a late offer of a sleepover for master Bozza last week so we took advtantage of popping into town for dinner. Drove in and cabbed back, because drinking and driving isn't cool, kids.

The next morning I ran the four miles back into town to collect the car before it got ticketed. Mrs B was still in bed when I left home, so I thought I'd impress her with my hunter-gatherer skills and bring back breakfast from McDonalds.

I ordered via the big touchscreen thing and then went to wait for my order. Whilst standing there for about 5-6 minutes I witnessed a customer relentlessly abuse both the staff and then what I assume was the manager. It was horrible to witness. When he wasn't getting much of a reaction, he became extra-nasty, talking down at them for working in McDonalds.

Worse still, this seemed to embolden a few waiting delivery drivers who also got stuck in, verbally at least.

I assumed this sort of incident would be quite rare, but from what you've said, this is not the case which is very sad to read.

It’s awful to hear .

Regardless of what one thinks of Mac Donald’s and the like, politeness is key .

I hate to hear nouveau riche talk down to serving staff I’m a restaurant the same as those voicing abuse wanting a quick fast food meal deal . I am afraid I don’t hold my tongue in voicing my distain. Manners maketh a man at all times
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List