View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 21, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lesley1960
Imagineer

We have been twice , first time SF and then flew to Maui for a week , sounds awful but was under whelmed by Maui ( except for the whale watching , amazing ) the extra 2 hour time difference and 5 hour flight , after the long flight to SF was too much for me . I would recommend SF , and go north , its beautiful

We have also donr SF and south as far as Morrow bay , whale watching in Monterey , amazing whale watching . We stayed in Carmel , I would suggest to stay close enough to walk into the town ...its hilly ! .
We drove down the coast road , cant understand why people rave about it tbh . It was incredibly hot when we went , so not much of a view as there was a lot of haze
We cut across country to Yosemite , I would have liked more time there ( went with other people who found it boring ) travelled about and saw many many many many large trees
As I said it was very hot , rivers and waterfalls dried up and the hills were alight
I have said this many ties , for an incredible holiday you should go to Alaska , we drove from Fairbanks to Anchorage over a week , and ten picked up a cruise for the inside passage to Vancouver
lesley1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List