View Single Post
Old 18 Aug 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
Most baby boomers never went to university therefore student loans were irrelevant to most. Most left school at 15/16 and have worked since.

House prices were lower, yes but with 15% interest rates I don’t know about anybody else but we struggled and I resent being told I never had it so good when the best holiday we could afford was in a caravan for years. Maybe you had it good but a lot of us struggled just like our children do now at that age.

This baby boomer attitude really annoys me - we worked for everything we have and by the way just in case anyone here thinks we all have gold plated pensions then they have been reading the trashy red tops too much.
I agree we had tough times when we were young but like you we now take foreign holidays and like you have been to Australia and other exotic destinations and many places in the US. We didn't make it to the USA with out children until 1987, I think you went before us in 1979?

Today, we are very comfortable and very lucky.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List