View Single Post
Old 28 Jul 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I don't believe you will be able to be issued a retrospective gas safe installation certificate for a bolier fitted in 2009, just as I couldn't issue a retrospective electrical certificate for work I haven't done 10 years ago.

I guess you have nothing to lose by furnishing the solicitor with the proof of the last 8 years of bolier servicing and hoping they will accept this. If not ask them what they require, which might be a gas safe engineer conducting a more detailed inspection on the boiler and issuing a certificate and confirming the check has been completed and the boiler is safe and meets the relevant safety requirements (this isn't a retrospective installation certificate as no one can issue that now).

I just checked and noted that gas safe came into force in the UK on the 1/4/09, but prior to that I'm sure that corgi still required certificates to be issued for new installations.
We had it fitted in July 2009, so possibly as it was an oldish chap he wasn't up to date. He has now retired so can't chase him. Hopefully as someone else said the solicitor/buyers will accept the service records.