View Single Post
Old 15 Sep 21, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Didn’t sound as clear cut as that, just referred to her comments in august? Discussions ongoing with the working groups. Wouldn’t give a time line. Strategy is to stop the spread and protect Americans. All what you’d expect her to say.
Yeah I posted the full link but it’s the same old same old.

She was asked if anything would be forthcoming before the (Xmas) holidays and gave a very non commital answer.

She did say as did Zients this morning to the travel advisory board that there are no changes to be made right now.

Wording
Q Jeff Zients said today though, “We are exploring considering vaccination requirements for foreign nationals traveling to the [United States],” that you’re “working now to be ready to replace the current restrictions with a new system for international travel” — reading those words from him.

So, what is the timeframe that you would imagine for that? Are we talking about weeks here? Are we talking about months before the holidays that are coming up? What can you tell us about that?

MS. PSAKI: So I said something similar in August, so did Jeff Zients, about our desire to work with — through these working groups — which is different from the domestic question; this is about the international component — to create consistent, equitable approaches to — that will also keep the American people safe and keep — stop the spread of COVID here.

I don’t have a projected timeline. It’s just an ongoing discussion that’s been on- — been happening since last August. Since August —

Edited at 11:05 PM.
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List