View Single Post
Old 10 May 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Majik
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by paw View Post
We moved over to USA coach tours once my husband felt he was missing out when driving and felt he was getting a bit old for long days on the road. To our surprise we love them, very social if you want and we have made friends from all over the world.

We have used a number of companies, Colette’s, Trafalgar, Cosmos but would love to go with Insight or Scenic. My son’s in-laws use Riviera.

You get what you pay for, in general we go for 4-5 star hotels with 2 nights in key places with all breakfasts and most evening meals included. I like the fact we visit places we wouldn’t have know about and have lots of visits included. Last year we did a few behind the scene visits eg in Canada we went to the Parliament building for a tour.

In Denver ex President Bill Clinton was staying at the same time to give you some idea of the standard of hotel you can get.

The last two have been with Cosmos. Mostly 3-4 star hotels on the outskirts of the cities. Some were fabulous, others were not so good but we had looked them up and were willing to put up with them to go to the places we wanted. They were the worst for seeing scenery as they were very rigid about rotation and we ended up on the wrong side of the bus (bottom of cliff) 2 days on the trot, and didn’t stop as often for views. Trafalgar stopped the bus in Yellowstone and asked people to swop seats for a few minutes so everyone got to see a family of bears.

We like to start or finish in a place we would like to stay and tack on anything from a few days to a week. Often the company offers extra days at a reasonable price or we book independently - we have had add ons in San Diego, San Francisco, Vegas, New York in USA and Cook Islands, Hong Kong and Singapore when doing tours in Australia and New Zealand.

Last year Cosmos offered free upgrades to Premium on our New York flight.
That is very interesting thank you for taking the time to give such a detailed reply.
I think we might do something we haven’t done for years and visit a travel agent to get some brochures .
Thank you

Beautiful views from our 3 bedroom villa at
Hunters Creek
www.villas4orlandoflorida.com

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/villa-search.php?a=405
Majik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List