View Single Post
Old 7 May 13, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
PenguinPatter
Helping Mickey

Past Trips

We had both been to Florida once before but went for the first time together in May 2010. We spent 10 nights on International Drive at the Sheraton Four Points and it was fantastic. We visited the four main Disney parks, both Universal parks and Seaworld. The hotel was fine, a great location for all that I Drive has to offer and provided free shuttles to the parks but the last bus from Disney was before Wishes and Fantasmic

Because I’m the most awesome girlfriend ever, I took David to Paris for his 27th birthday (20th January 2011). We stayed for 3 nights Weds – Sat and it was cold! We had a fantastic time despite the weather and relied on hot chocolate in souvenir mugs. We stayed at Hotel Santa Fe in a Cars themed room and it was perfect for us as we only used the room for sleeping and watching the Disney Channel before sleeping. We loved the fact that the parks were only a 20 minute walk away – we used the bus to get to the hotel when we arrived but didn’t like it as it meant going on real roads and leaving the Disney bubble.

The other brilliant thing about Paris is that I don’t have to let the air out of my balloon before I come home! My Minnie balloon got weird looks on the London Underground and got a bit stuck going through the bag x-ray machine in Lille but it was worth it as she survived for weeks in my living room.

We returned to Florida May 2011 – this time determined to partake in evening activities and be able to do early ADRs. We stayed at Four Points for the first 6 nights and went to Universal, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens and then on to Port Orleans French Quarter for the next 6 nights with Disney Dining Plan.

Staying at Disney was great – we could do early morning character breakfasts and stay out till the parks closed plus we got TOWEL ANIMALS!

Due to buying a house last year a trip to Florida was out of the question however we did manage to fit in a trip to Disneyland Paris Monday 7th May – Fri 11th May 2012 staying at Disney’s Newport Bay Club.

We had a great trip and 2 amazing things happened (in no particular order):

1. I met Duffy bear. I have Duffy bear at home – Minnie and Mickey sent him to me Christmas 2012 along with a postcard asking me to take good care of him. Therefore mine is the real one – and he is so lovely I can understand why Disney are selling toy versions of him for other people to take home.

2. After the amazing fireworks show David said he wanted to go to the front and take photos of the castle. I wanted to leave because it was closing time and the staff were gathered around wanting to tidy up and go home. But then he got down on one knee and presented me with this so I will forgive him (photo taken the next day – it was pretty dark at the time!).

We also visited East Anglia’s answer to Disney last year – Great Yarmouth, where I was lucky enough to fulfil my dream of becoming a large hamster (not as easy as those small children make it look).

And now you pretty much know my life story – well done if you’ve made it this far! I blame my ramble on the excitement.

Coming soon: The more relevant stuff - hotels, food, parks, saving, plans, shopping and a year of excitement.