Thread: GDPR & theDIBB
View Single Post
Old 17 May 18, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Andre
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
And, as a follow-up, presumably if an existing member requests all of their data to be deleted, all their posts will also be completely removed from the site, even if it makes threads they've posted on a bit of a mess by the removal of posts?
IF the posts don't contain any personally identifiable information then simply anonymising the username and clearing any saved IP addresses and email details ought to suffice. As long as what is left cannot in any way be traced back to an individual EU citizen.

But I'm sure the mad geniuses in Brussels will try to claim that even the fact that a person (voluntarily!) signed their first name at the end of a post counts as "personal information" - let alone listing their whole holiday information, dates, family photos, etc.

My own thought process on my site is to allow a user to remove any content that they wish to (by editing their own posts, at their own discretion, which they can do anyway) and then at their request I can then delete the account and anonymise any remaining posts. But my site is a lot smaller and an awful lot less full of potentially "personally identifiable" information than the DIBB.

Like most things that seem to come out of Brussels, the GDPR may have some good basic underlying ideals but it's been buried in a landslide of badly thought-out, over-bureaucratic Eurocrap.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 -•- Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 -•- Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13, Aug 14, Aug 15, Jul/Aug 16, Aug 17, Aug 18, Aug 19... and coming next, Jul/Aug 20
Disneyland Paris: Many times since 1992, lost count! -•- Disneyland California: Aug 2011 (for D23 Expo event), Aug 2014

Edited at 01:04 AM.
Andre is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List