Old 12 Aug 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
NatalieG
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
Travel Days

Travel Days

So, I’ve already fallen at the first hurdle. I have 2 photos for 2 days of travelling - sorry! Lol. In my defence, it’s been a stressful two days of travelling with a 1 year old! I won’t normally write as much as this when I actually have food piccies but it’s 4am here and I’m wide awake!

Our first travel day (Saturday) saw us flying from Manchester to Heathrow. We had a McDonalds on the way (classy bird!) and we still arrived fair early at the airport. All going well so far! Then, we found out we were delayed and the delay ended up being over 3 hours. We also left the walkway, parked up then had to return as there was a mix up with luggage. However, British Airways somehow made up some serious time and we landed 2hrs and 59mins late which means we’re not entitled to any compensation. That’s how I read it, anyway. Please correct me if I’m wrong!

The flight was quite bumpy going up but fairly uneventful. We didn’t have anything to eat. We then waited over an hour for our full luggage. NOT impressed! I’m not one to complain but I was getting really cross as there was zero communication and we started to think some luggage was lost, Our amazing transfer driver to Gatwick stopped at a services for us on the way to the Travelodge and we had another McDonalds. 2 in one day. By this point, we were tired and fed up! We finally got to the hotel around 10pm and crashed out!

Yesterday, thankfully, was much smoother! We got to the airport and had breakfast in Wetherspoons. I’m a bit of a nervous flyer, so I just had a bacon sandwich and Will had the traditional breakfast. Noah shared Wills.

The flight was pretty great, to be fair! I didn’t eat much though as it’s not easy with a 1 year old on your lap! Will and I both had chicken casserole and it was quite nice. Noah had his own food that I had brought along for him. The chocolate and sea-salt pudding was amazing though and he helped us eat that! We also had Magnums which, as you can see, Noah enjoyed immensely! Everything in moderation (although maybe moderated slightly less than at home?! ).

Getting through the airport was fairly painless, however we made the massive error of putting our cases on the second belt. NEVER AGAIN. We waited for them for about an hour as the belt was off due to lightning. When they did turn up, they were sodden. The Magical Express was lovely and we arrived at our hotel in good time. We ordered groceries from Garden Grocer (slightly dearer than some but super easy to use!) so we have drinks, milk and a few goodies to see us through the next few days! I refuse to spend nearly $5 on a bottle of water!

As we were all hungry by this point, we popped into Disney Springs and got a pizza from Blaze. It was so good! Noah was crashed out in the buggy by this point so Will and shared a pizza. It was basically a meat feast and tasted delicious! It was also just the right amount.

We then came back to the hotel for about 10 and crashed! A long but good day and we’re FINALLY here!

I will only do this for Will and myself. The girls are keeping a tab of their own credits!

Snack Credits Used - 0
Snack Credits Left - 24
Quick Service Credits Used - 1
Quick Service Credits Left - 23
Table Service Credits Used - 0
Table Service Credits Left - 12
Food Money Spent Today - Around £20 on breakfast at the airport
Total Food Money Spent - £20

Hoping to get more precise as we go along - we’ll see! Thanks for reading if you got to the end and I’ll hopefully update when I can! Tomorrow, we have an early lunch at Be Our Guest and dinner at Ohana!

Past Visits: 2012 (WDW), 2013 (WDW), 2015 (WDW), 2017 (DLP), 2019 (WDW), 2023 (WDW - 50th Anniversary).
Planned Upcoming Visits: December 2023 (WDW)

Edited at 09:45 AM.
NatalieG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List