View Single Post
Old 29 Nov 20, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Hi Sparksy! Your plan sounds fab. We are still plowing on with our August 2021 holiday. We managed to swop our PE virgin reward flights for Upper reward flights at no extra charge. Long story but we got very lucky.

We currently have 7 nights at CSR (after moving from FQ then to Pop) at a similar price to Pop. Then 4 nights at Hilton Buena vista palace at Disney Springs (we enjoy it at DS plus the hotel has balcony’s! 😁 ) then 4 nights club at RPR. We also managed to move our universal seasonal tickets from this year.

Now, here’s the new thought. 🤔 We cancelled a trip to New York twice this year (May & Oct) and we all really still fancy it, especially since our eldest is off to uni next September and we are struggling to rearrange before then. My mum made a suggestion yesterday that we add on NYC onto the end of our trip for a few days instead of trying to shoehorn another trip in before uni. So, we are now seriously thinking of doing that. I think it would be ok to change our virgin flight from Mco-Man to JFk-Man but worried that this would make it a 3 week trip and I’m not sure that’ll be a bit to long for us? But, at the same time it’s only one set of flights, one set of jet lag and two holidays in one. Im not sure it is too much to cram in? Our youngest isn’t so sure about it but our 18 year old is well up for it! I also worry about leaving my parents and our dog for too long as my mums been poorly and 3 weeks seems so much longer than 2 weeks.

Really, all we need to be able to do is make a proper decision? Are we able to go and are we able to go with little to no restrictions, (especially NO MASKS 😷 ) if we do go?! I can’t be doing with masks in august! 🥵

Kat
Hi Kat! Ooh so exciting, your trip sounds perfect and how wonderful to get such an amazing deal with your points! Ours are also points flights but we are economy on the way out and premium on the way back. Upper Class sounds amazing!

Love all your hotels too, DS is fab and how brilliant to have your own balcony. There are some delicious restaurants at DS and nearby plus you aren’t far to The Outlets either! I love RPR, it is just so relaxing and to be able to walk to the parks is great too. I think Universal did a great job with the AP extensions, we were just so pleased with how professional they were. We are just looking forward to going on Hagrid’s again.

A confession now - we love New York so I am absolutely going to encourage you to go We went the first time when Cooper was 7 and he absolutely loved it. I was worried it might be a bit overwhelming but he looked at me at the end of our first day and said ‘When I’m a man I’m going to live and work here’. It is just such high energy and there are so many things to do and they are really diverse. We loved walking through Central Park, the Natural History Museum was amazing but also lovely and cool on a Summer’s Day. The boys really enjoyed Intrepid on the Hudson River and we even successfully navigated the subway over to Brooklyn and walked back to Manhattan over the Bridge.

We normally go away for 3+ weeks but I completely understand if you think it is too long to leave your dog and your parents. However it would save you money (points) on flights if you combine the trips and once you are there the internal flights are easy to navigate. Plus if you look enough in advance they are quite well priced! Ooh you have a really fun decision to make, I’m looking forward to hearing more. Michelle x
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List