View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 17, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Two interpretations ..
1 "Just say he's got Aspergers". Scumbag Father

2 "Just say he has got Aspergers "..and don't worry about adding he also has other issues like dyspraxia, epilepsy etc (just trying to keep things simple)

I intensely dislike the assumptions self righteous but clueless people can make about my son's disabilities . Yes there are scumbags around but there's also parents working hard to do the best for their kids who get "called out" unfairly. It's both offensive and upsetting when it happens and I've learned not to ignore it but firmly and loudly correct such ignorance <end rant>
It's people like me who stand up for your rights and my rights, yes I'm disabled too and my DD has special needs so we BOTH have invisible illnesses.

I have no regrets calling out a man who parked in a disabled spot and RAN into the Post Office. I have no regrets telling a security van to get out of a disabled bay so I could use it. I have no regrets telling a man parked in a disabled bay with no ticket carrying a huge case of beer to his car that he is disgusting. .

I am sticking up for our rights and will not stop. I do not however assume or tackle people who may have an invisible disability. But those who make it harder for us will get called out. You call it self righteous cluelessness, I call it having the balls to actually do something about it. So rant away.

Oh and it was the group I belong to Crohns and Colitis Awareness that got supermarkets to put those signs up n the toilet doors, you know the ones... not all disabilities are visible, so clueless is not me by any means, but keep my mouth shut no can do. And you're welcome.

Edited at 02:20 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List