View Single Post
Old 29 Oct 15, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

PortAventura, Barcelona, Cambrils October Mid Term Trip Report

pre trip report

Travel
Flight with Rynair was great - just over 2 hours. Their "be nice" policy must be working - our checked bag was 1 kg over and nobody made a fuss, they asked to checked extra hand luggage with it free of charge.

Reus airport is small, the luggage was out quickly. We took taxi in front (no wait) and they showed us fixed price listing of 30 euro to PortAventura.

We were at hotel PortAventura at around apr 10:30am. Our room was ready early and the polite staff at reception talked us through breakfast, dinner, entrance to the park. We were given time for breakfast between 8 and 8:30 and dinner after 7 (no set time slot)

The weather was sunny - not hot as summer day in Spain, slightly chillier to what the weather was in Orlando last year in October. Swimming pool isn't heated (as it was at WDW) and was closed at that time of the year

Comments on PortAventura hotel

highs
Staff were very polite and helpful
Beds comfortable
Pretty and clean
Food was ok for both breakfast and dinner, Spanish omelette and pancakes delicious and plenty of fresh fruit, veggies, meat & fish.
Location is great, with own entrance to the park
Fridge & safe free of charge
Guests were mainly French with some Spanish & British and I think Russian. Hotel staff spoke freely French and English.
There was a rally at same time and many of the guests were wearing rally gear in the morning - the hotel was busy but never felt too crowded.

Lows
The walls very thin and we can hear conversations in the next room. I am not talking about yelling, it was quiet conversations

Our room smelled like smokes and I think the likely reason was that the neighbors next door were smoking inside and the smoke was somehow coming in our room. With 2 days in the hotel only we didn't feel like complaining and got on with it

The swimming pool looks rather small, it may be busy in the summer. I would stay at the hotel for 2 or 3 nights. Not sure if I would stay for longer.

There were halloween decorations

Edited at 03:05 PM.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List