View Single Post
Old 26 Aug 13, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Disney Parks - The First two weeks we spend visiting Disney Parks. We had photopass+ pre purchased and I will highly recommend it. Truly the most beautiful holiday photos we ever had.

Epcot - We visited Epcot twice, first park day another half day. Disney parks are magic, they really made us want to do more and see more! Epcot is not exception. It's devided to two parts - Future world and World Showcase. First day we collected fast passes for test track and we hit the world showcase. This part of the park opens at 11 so we were there for it's opening. The return time on fast pass for Test Track was between 3 to 4, so we toured the countries at slow paste starting from the two rides in Mexico and Norway. I had few drinks in different parts including baileys cold coffee type of drink from Norway ? It was yum. Loved it, loved the street performers, the small shops, the streets - really cool park. Back to the Future World, we did the test track ride which end up being one of DS favourites. We didn't watch any movies in World showcase, I wish we did but most of them aren't seated (apprat from France I think) and I wasn't sure DS will be interested. We did few of the Future World rides including Living with the Land tour where Disney made demo how their scientist work with nature to help living in harmony - as designing tomatoes that grow on trees. Uncool. We also watched circle of life. Needless to say we didn't enjoy the food in their sunshine seasons, all Disney produce marketed as healthy! I suppose genetic modification is more acceptable in the states. We didn't wait for anything over 5 minutes. Second day we focused on Future world. We did soarin - my favourite ride, twice and test track twice before 10. No waiting. We then did Nemo, turtle talk, Spaship Earth, had the free coke drinks from around the world in club cool. We spend day and half in the park and we were left wanting more. Our limit for the waiting time for this holiday was 20 minutes, we didn't wait for anything over this time

The best tips for this park is if going late go directly for World Showcase at 11 and hit the two rides - Mexico and Norway first
Soarin and Test Track create huge waiting times so these are best done first thing in the morning, go to one of them, ride, collect fast pass, go to the second, ride and collect a fast pass for later if you love it. We did love both. Bare in mind that if you use fast pass you will be very quick so you may not get chance to upload the cars you design on Test Track. Norway ride is cool too, the rest aren't really anything that is a must do. It's more see and look around park. Few drinks can be fun too!

Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon - The theming of Disney parks including the two waterparks is lovely. We went once to each, on Mondays and spend few hours only in the morning. Parking is free but you have to pay for locker, I think it was about 13 usd and you can get 5 back or coffee mug on return of key. We hired towels first day, 2 usd each but to be honest we brought our own next time as we only used them on park exit. Blizzard beach have nicer rides, we did the Teamboat Springs first as we were told it gets really busy, we did it few times using the chair lifts few times, then we did the lazy river, run off rapids and few others I can't recall. In Typhoon Lagoon similarly we went for Gangplank falls (not as nice as teamboat) Keelhaul and Mayday Falls (not DS) DH did the shark reef, ds got scared so I had to leave with him, DS spend some time in ketchakidde creek. We got a cabana as soon as we walked in next to bay slides. It was great near the wave pool and DS got lovely photos from the photographers on the slides.

Magic Kingdom - we spend at least 4 days in MK. The first day we did all rides in Fantasyland to introduce DS to rides. We also had pre booked Pirate Makeover. He loved it. My only complaint is that I asked for the Jack Sparrow hat and paid 37 usd for it extra, it kept falling off him so he didn't use it at all. When I went home I noticed that they have given him adult size! It's cool with the hair and all but still, no much use for us unless we want to dress up as pirates. The pictures are lovely and he did Pirate lesson in front and got extra pictures from that - all included in the photopass package. He was great fun to watch, the guy that did the make up was really funny and made allot of fuss around DS. We went to every single ride in Fantasyland before 11 (apart from the carousel due to renovations), and loved Mikeys PhilharMagic, The Barnstormer, Under the sea. Hate the tea cups with passion! Lunch at Be our guest, after short wait and really enjoyed it! After Fantasyland we had the makeover and after we did the Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean. People were looking at the pirate DS and he enjoyed the attention! There were girls getting the pirate makeover and looked very cute

My Pirate - he took the hat straight off and stayed with the bandanna part of the makeover package

JS ain't bad either!

Day 2 we did liberty square and the frontierland. DS loved the two mountains. We did Aladin, Enchanted Tiki room (the silliest show ever!) countrybear jumboree. It was way too hot for the walking attractions so we skipped them, but we did everything else. Lunch at pecos - it was ok. We had the Aloha whip dole everybody are talking about - hated it to be honest, soft serve with pineapple juice - so what?

We had the buggy first few days and left frozen bottles of water and fruit in it, handy to have.

Day 3 we had the wishes dessert party, so we did all tomorrowland rides and then the party. We arrived at about 16:00. I did space mountain, but ds wasn't tall enough for it this time. Stich is another lame attraction not worth the time! DS lovedthe tomorroland speedway and buzz. I wasn't mad on either tbh.

Day 4 we did favourite rides - the mountains, buzz, tomorrowland speedway. We did allot of chilling around and people watching, our favourite day there

Wishes dessert party - the desserts were awful. All taste same, you can get better in tesco. The view of the firew The fireworks were lovely to watch, and it was lashing rain with thunderstorm earlier so lucky they didn't cancel. DS attacked the watermelon, much for my surprise even he didn't like the desserts. Picture bellow - how did they manage to make them tasting same and looking so different - It's Magic!

Tips for MK
Go early, plan well, eat at be our Guest, don't pack too much in one day. This park have so much to it, with 4 days, we still wanted to do more and had few things more we couldn't do! The photographers in this park are really good so make use of them if you have the photopass. DS got some lovely magic photos with little tinkerbell! Try to see a parade, the fireworks. We didn't need ponchos - in August heat anything that cools you down as wet ride or short rain is a huge plus. There aren't any really scary rides in the park.

HS and AK part 3.
Food - part 4.
Seaworld 5
IOA - US part 6
Final thoughts - part 7

Edited at 11:02 AM.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List