View Single Post
Old 27 Sep 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Day 4 - Magic Kingdom

So, just back to the hotel now after what I would call a productive day at magic Kingdom.

We had our first fast pass booked for 11.50 so headed along to MK and arrived in good time. Had to pick up our sorcerer of the magic Kingdom cards (we played this last time and the kids liked it)
we also caught the end of move it shake it parade 🙂

First fastpass was buzz lightyears space ranger spin. After looking way too serious shooting emperor zurgs monsters we headed up to fantasy land to kill some time before our lunch reservation at liberty tree tavern.
We ended up queueing for the barn Stormer (this thing is so rough! Haha it's like being in a washing machine! 🤣
A little nose in the big top at some merch ( really fancying a sparkly candy corn or purple loungefly bag but I can't decide!)

Liberty tree tavern for lunch: these portion sizes are mental! I was fancying some Mac n cheese so asked if it would be possible to get an adult portion... This thing could feed the 5000! Like I ate until I was fit to burst (but always room for dessert) and it didn't even make a dent in the bowl haha.
For dessert I had ooey gooey fudge cake or something to that effect. Oh man this thing was gooood. It was like a warm semi-warm cookie dough topped with vanilla ice cream, chocolate and fudgy pieces. Mmmmmm.

After lunch we thought we'd see if we could go on something light as we were feeling rather fragile after all that food. We settled on Winnie the poo ride but yeah, forgot the super bumpy bit with Tigger. Thought we might meet lunch again 🤢 all was good though. Next up was Ariel followed by tomorrow land speedway. We decided as it was roasting hot! It was time for a nice cold slushie . OH and the kids had a Cheshire cat slushie which was a pink and purple layers slush with a candy straw. I'm not a big fan of grape (the purple) so I had a wonder to the lunching pad. They had frozen come slushie with an apple candy straw too so I chose to get that. Went to the counter and the 2 cast members were saying how much they liked my hair and ears. I smiled and said thanks, I made them myself. The cast member hands me my slushie and says "you're good to go, this ones on Mickey tonight" 🥰 it's little things like this that I love.

People mover and carousel of progress were used to fill the time while our seven dwarves mine train fastpass was open 🙂 always love this ride. So fun!We also managed to do the tea cups before needing to head for our last FP of the night (splash mountain) didn't get particularly soaked which was good but the splash was a welcomed cool down hah. It was starting to cool down now thank god! So we managed pirates of the Caribbean as the line was pretty short (actually, most stand by lines were only 10-30 minutes) trying to kill time before happily ever after started at 9.

Before choosing a spot to stand for happily ever after, we used mobile order for some hotdogs and fries from Casey's corner. We were super lucky and managed to get a seat inside (it's usually rammed inside and out but luck was on our side 🙂 )
We got a fab spot for the fireworks right down the middle of main Street. Happily ever after was beautiful. The music and lights and just everything! It have me goosebumps. Of course I had to sing along 😅

All in all, a very productive day I'd say; tomorrow (today as I'm finishing writing this) Hollywood Studios! Preparing for our wee man to want to buy all the porgs, hahaha!

----x----

Steps; 15589 (before my Fitbit died)

Edited at 11:54 AM.
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List