Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Katie C View Post
While part of me will miss the old Epcot I'm excited to see the changes coming.
Was I the only one surprised by the lack of news about Imagination though?
I was also surprised that we didn't heard anything about the Imagination pavilion. I was hoping something was going to happen to that pavilion because it really does need a refresh.

Originally Posted by teachx View Post
I have a theory about that. Since all the things in Innoventions West are closing on Sept 8th, it has been suggested that the character meets will be temporarily housed in the Imagination Pavilion, as the Innoventions West Building is demolished. It would make sense then to leave any work on Imagination until the centre of Epcot is well under way. Just what I think is why nothing has been decided with Imagination
Disney did announce what was going to happen to the characters from the Character Spot:
  • Minnie Mouse will move into the World Showcase Gazebo.
  • Daisy Duck will move to The American Adventure.
  • Mickey and Goofy will meet in a temporary Innoventions West area, but with an all new location to be in the Imagination! pavilion.
  • Joy will move to a location TBA.
  • Winnie the Pooh will return to the United Kingdom pavilion, greeting guests at Christopher Robin’s bedroom.
  • Baymax will no longer be greeting guests after his meet and greet closes later this year (although there are rumours he may appear in the PlayPavilion once that is open).

So, yes, Mickey and Goofy will be meeting guests in the Imagination pavilion whilst the rest are spread out across the park.

However, I get the impression this is just a temporary relocation, albeit perhaps for a couple of years. I was still hoping there would be some news regarding the Imagination pavilion in the longer term. I hope it doesn't just turn into a meet'n'greet location.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List