View Single Post
Old 12 Apr 18, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
:) A Decade of Disney Dreaming - 2017- Day 10 More Mr Grumpy Gills and a Studios building site.

Welcome back and thanks again for so many messages and PM's about this trip - and the others too. Really appreciate your reading and posting so many replies. Thank you.

If you missed day 9 it is a click here away.

The whole 2017 trip report index is here.

I know many of you are also looking at some of my older ramblings too.
The full index of all trips is here in case you are interested.

Welcome to Day 10

Saturday 5th August 2017

Its Saturday, so another early morning alarm call from the grass cutting crew- they at least they drowned out the noise of the new neighbours who had arrived late yesterday.
Cue another photo of my most apt tee shirt!

They were awake from the very crack of dawn and despite the notices in the villas, their children ventured into the pool at a rather far too early time of the day.

I know there is a high level of excitement when anyone arrives on holiday, but the noise from the pool was loud enough to distinguish they were British and to be honest had they waited just a little longer I am sure that nobody would have been bothered, yet a 7 am start was impolite and certainly showed a lack of understanding as to how Villa life impacts on neighbours, just like at home.

For us -
I gave up all hope of a lie in at 8am,the boys got up at 8.15 and give Alison her due, she simply put in her earplugs and slept on until 10.40.

We watched TV , with a catch up of the previous nights baseball and at 10 am I finally relented and we headed to the pool at a sensible hour. We also avoided the grass cutters who had done a great job around the place.

We eventually dragged ourselves away from the pool and readied ourselves for a trip to the Studios.

Our Park thoughts for the day rested with the supposedly quiet park of the day.

The plan!

Disney's Hollywood Studios

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
11:25 AM - 12:25 PM
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
12:50 PM - 1:50 PM
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
2:10 PM - 3:10 PM

We parked in film 20 at midday, not before a few building site photos and an awareness that things seemed to be progressing at some speed, it had changed considerably since last year and it also appeared that the whole car park area was undergoing work too.

We entered the park and were eager to get on board Tower of Terror – this is very possibly my most favourite ride in the whole of WDW, just because you never know what will happen and if you get a decent CM the whole experience becomes something more too.

We exited and then rode Rock ‘n’ Roller via the single rider line before then riding again with our Fast passes.
The advantage of the FP was having the opportunity of a family pic, rather than us spoiling the photo of others - more great photos in upcoming days.

The whole place was much busier than expected and given the lack of available space, rides and stuff to do we then sought to just have a wander to see what we could see.

An impromptu sighting of Darth Vader, Chewie and Storm Troopers at the back stage side of the area now filling the space that once housed an iconic hat!

We headed to the Muppets and then Star Tours.

We had reached 3pm and with the exception of Toy Story we had done as much as we were wanting and headed out for the car park.

It was just 3pm so it was an opportunity to drive up to the Outlets at the top of I drive- We didn’t buy much but simply made a note of things we liked. A list that would ensure we made a return visit!

The rain began at 6.15 and at that point we decided to head back to the Villa, just at the same time as the whole of Orlando seemingly wanted to sit on the car park that was the I4.

We spent the evening in the pool, listened to Orlando City getting beat on a radio streem.

With Steak Wraps for the boys and Spag Bol for us – there was no photos just a night spent once again enjoying the pool.

As bed loomed we once more recognised just how we had followed our long standing thoughts of an unexpected busy park – if it gets too busy – get out!

Until next time, thanks for reading

Day 11 needs a click here to read

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 02:26 AM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List