View Single Post
Old 12 Jul 19, 04:46 AM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Day 11. It burns it burns 😱

But of a restless night with 10 year old unable to sleep due his sunburn 😔 so we gave him a wet towel for his legs and he drifted off 😴 until about midnight when he woke me up because his bed was wet from the towel 🤦and he was cold. And hot. And sore 🙄 eventually got him off to sleep in my bed and I got the wet one 😐 so with a towel under me and a towel over me I eventually got some sleep! Love my kids to Pieces and really appreciate our family time but hotel rooms have their downsides...

Once we were packed up and checked out we walked over to the cave store (a 10/15 min slow stroll) and went down into the sea cave ($16 for all four of us) and had a look. It was fun but only a short activity. Requisite look at the gift shop and time to find some brunch. We ended up at Richard walkers pancake House. It was nice but in my opinion expensive. It was $90 something dollars Inc tip. The fruit juices were $5.50 each 😱 but we left very full and satisfied and I got a gluten Free waffle 😁

Then we were going whale watching with San Diego whale watch. I think this was in mission Beach? It was near the hyatt. Parking was easy and free. We were there pretty early and spent half an hour looking at the boats go by. Restrooms facilities were sketchy, they are only for marina users but even with the key from the coffee shop I couldn't get in. Had to wait for someone to leave and nip in lol

Whale watching was good, the trip was 3 hours and we spent most of the trip not seeing anything 😕 near the end someone spotted a blue whale! Cue 30+ mins of searching and we got a couple of good looks at a blue whale 👍 as we headed back in we also saw some dolphins.

We all felt fine on the trip and really enjoyed it but some people looked a bit green 🤢🤮

A 15 min drive and we were checking into our hotel, the handlery. Seems nice enough and we ate in the restaurant tonight because it was easy. Food was quite nice actually.

I'm sure I have more to say but am knackered again 😂 still having a great time 👍

Watching the Simpsons and heading for an early night I think.
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List