View Single Post
Old 5 May 17, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Background: I gave up proper work just over a year ago and have largely dossed around since. I'm quite time rich and although not massively cash rich, I was fortunate enough to be able to make the move with a bit of a safety net.

I've thought about a little solo trip to the magic for a while. I had considered going out for the big DIS Unplugged party thing at the beginning of June but then Wishes ending caught my attention. It finishes next week. Like many, I love Wishes and it's been a highlight of many trips over the years.

There is no barrier of any note stopping me booking a trip to Orlando on Monday for, say, 7-10 nights.

Well, I say that, but I'd feel guilty about it. Very guilty. Again, like many of us, WDW is a place for family magic - we do it together - always have done. Due to the kids being in school and my partner working in a school, I would be by myself.

That feels quite an exciting prospect in some regards. Doing exactly what I wanted, when I wanted. Selfish. Decadent even. But I know I'd really miss it being a shared experience with those I hold most dear.

Over our regular Friday morning breakfast together this morning my partner said "Do it - you'll have a great time."

I don't know if I can though. Would you?
What would the kids say?