View Single Post
Old 12 Feb 21, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Moocat21
Earning More Ears

congratulations on your new fur babies

you sound so excited
i have had cats for over 20 years,
enjoy them as they provide hours of endless entertainment!

you will need 1 cat tray per cat + 1 placed in different area as some cats guard the tray so the other can not use it
covered or open as you decide

litter - my current cat likes the wood pellets my older cat liked the red grit one from pets at home. the wood one is fairly cheap at £7.00 for 30 litres and they can deliver.
i change the whole tray on Mondays, Wednesday and Friday and scoop the pop in between as it can pong a bit. i only put 2 jugs of litter into the pan as for my cat this is enough.

food - wet or dry/or mix of both. dry can be total such as royal cainin or hills science plan etc. your vet can advise on what is best. i feed a breakfast and supper wet with dry for snacks in between which she is happy with.

bowls - i use ordinary bowls that i bought from £land as they were pink and just the right size. my cat does not like metal bowls. i set them on a tray as she is a messy eater and its easier to clean the feeding station that way.

water - cats are not good drinkers they need fresh water each day you could go and get a water fountain if that is what they will use. if you are using wet food, water it down with a table spoon or 2 of warm water as they will drink the "gravy".

toys - your kitten will need lots of toys etc enjoy yourself there

scatchers - cat nails are always growing and they will scratch to help them shed. a vertical cat scratcher or a mat, this will depend on your cat. mine likes the mat - i have a coir mat that she uses.

beds - tricky i have beds, blankets etc and my cat likes to sleep on my dressing gown. cats are hunters so will "rotate" their sleepy spots like they would do in the wild

zoomy times - cats are more active in the evening and early morning as in the wild this would be hunting times - enjoy

window sills - don't have anything there as soon as they jump up its gone.

vet - i use vets for pets as they do a scheme for vaccinations/chipping and visits you will need to have them checked at least once a year for vaccinations/teeth check/flee+ worms etc.

indoors v outdoors - i live on very busy road and cats in my area have gone missing, my cat is a house cat and is quite happy watching the world and the pigeons go by on the empty window sill/bed/chair. you will need to decide if where you live is safe and you are happy for them to go out. Mama cat will need to stay inside for 6 to 8 weeks anyway and the kitten till they are 9 to 1 year old i am over careful with my cats, they cost a lot.

you are very lucky to have been visited by the mama cat - remember the cat chooses the owner
2023 4th time not looking likely either

Edited at 02:52 PM.
Moocat21 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List