View Single Post
Old 1 Oct 09, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sidsmum
Very Serious Dibber

i went last year with my friend and her daughter who is in a wheelchair. We went 27th November for 3 nights, 4 days, Thursday till Sunday. We stayed at the Hotel New York in a ground floor room which was big enough for the wheelchair to get in. The room was good and we got a kettle, tea etc. Recommended! The parks are an easy walk away, 10 mins max. The parks were definately much busier at the weekend, if we went again we would try to avoid the weekend but it was not unmanagable in any way. We were fast tracked through to most of the rides so queue wise it was ok. There are disabled spots for the parades and shows so that was fine too. I would say though that it was cold, especially for the person sat in the wheelchair, you need hat, gloves, blanket and I would suggest a hot water bottle to put on their lap. You could fill it with the kettle at the hotel. We had a really fantastic time, the Christmas themeing was lovely and the staff were brilliant, in the parks and at the hotel, we could not have faulted it at all. We flew there and the airport staff were great too. Hope this helps, you should go anyway even if it is a weekend it is great!
sidsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List