View Single Post
Old 24 Feb 08, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Here's ours...

Place you picked the car up from:- Orlando International (MCO)
Catergory of car hired:- Luxury
Make of car you got:- Cadillac DTS
Hire car company used:- National

Here's the car at the Villa:

Some pics of the interior:

Here's the rear accomodation (pic a bit fuzzy - apologies)

Pics of the 4.6V8 heart of the car :

The boot was easily big enough to swallow all of our luggage (for 2 adults and 2 kids):

With space to spare:

The DTS was very nice to drive - didn't feel that fast to begin with as the V8 is a traditional US lazy V8, though as soon as you floor it, it does move, and it sounds great.

It averaged 19.9mpg (US gallons), though only cost me $50.21 to fill up when totally empty. I can't remember the range, but it was just over 300 miles. That equates to about 8p per mile in fuel - in comarison, my Skoda Superb diesel which can easily do 50mpg on a run costs 12p per mile on fuel here...

My Skoda isn't small, but it certainly felt it after spending 2 weeks and 970 miles in the Cadillac. We were going to go for a SUV (Dodge Durango or similar) but don't regret getting the sedan.

The Website for National (same as Alamo?) listed the Cadillac DTS as the luxury car on it's website, though at the airport, also available in the luxury category were - Chrysler 300C and a Cadillac SRX crossover. It would be useful to know from people what else is available in certain categories (what is actually offered at the airport).

We actually had a choice of 3 or 4 DTS's in different colours - the luxury car row was about 12 cars in all (though they were probably just the ones that were full of fuel, having opted for the full tank option).

I saw loads of Dodge Chargers over there which look great - some very nice ones at Kissimmee Old Town.

Also hired sat nav (Garmin) which was a waste of money. It was good on the first night trying to find the Villa Management place to get the keys, but loads of places didn't come up on it including our Villa (2 years old), Kennedy Space Centre, and some roads in St Petersburg which had definately been there way longer than sat nav was invented!

[15th January 2012 1507hrs - Edit to add - site hosting my pics has gone - I'll get them uploaded elsewhere so they re-appear here]

Edited at 08:43 PM. Reason: Uploaded pics from another source as old one gone..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List