Old 3 Feb 09, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
The long trip down under part 5

Another flight but no change of time zone this time. We take a JetStar flight from Townsville down to Brisbane. We booked into the Holiday Inn as its a chain I quite like and you know what you get with them. A hearty breakfast buffet for all of us included with the room is always a big plus Originally the hotel was chosen for its location on top of the transportation centre. This meant that we could have caught the train from the airport right to the hotel (and onward down the coast) and the coaches for sightseeing and Australia Zoo left from there too...it was perfect! However, as my sister had joined us we hired a big 8 seater again and decided to drive the coast.

We really liked Brisbane. It was the type of major city we could see ourselves living and working. It had lots of green and open places. The southbank has recently been redeveloped into a huge family park complete with artificial beach, swimming pools, play areas, performance areas, restaurants and even its own mini Brisbane Eye.

It was now just about a week before Xmas and coming up to the longest day. I still can't get my head round trying not to burn and dehydrate while the Salvation army are singing carols! Brisbane had more decorations than anywhere else we went in Oz. They just DON'T go with long sunny days...I'm sorry

We spent the first evening we arrived walking along the Southbank and has a meal in a restaurant along the waters edge. Cheap it was not...and you had to order at the bar! For the price I expected Kelly Brook (or my DW who is infinitely better looking! ) to be taking the orders at our table! Some pictures below as the sun was going down...

Brisbane's Mini Eye

Continued below...
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List