View Single Post
Old 10 Feb 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Scruffette
Very Serious Dibber

Back in the room we showered and got ready to head down for a comedy show in the Tube at 6.15pm. Aladdin was showing again in the theatre, so we decided to see Maryellen Hooper, who was doing an adult only comedy set.

Her set was all about resenting her children and her husband and was very funny.

After the show I worked out I could fit in a nap before dinner! Much needed, particularly as we knew the next day would be very busy.

Dinner tonight was in Enchanted Garden again, this time for the Prince and Princess menu (sorry, no pictures of the restaurant again!)

One pair of our tablemates didn’t make it to dinner tonight, so it was just the four of us.

To start with we both had the Princess Tiana’s sautéed shrimp - on jambalaya rice

Sorry, all my food photos have come out blurry from this evening! It was tasty though and the rice had a good flavour.

I then had the Snow White’s wild forrest mushroom soup.

I enjoyed this, but I suppose mushroom soup isn’t the most exciting thing in the world.

Ollie went for the Coronation of mixed leaves – vine tomatoes, blue cheese, apples, candied walnuts and aged red wine vinegar

He chose this mainly because it came with cheese, although the photo does looks very green- heavy!

For mains, we both went for the New York strip steak “Fitzherbert” – with truffled layered potatoes, honey parsnips and buttered spinach with a pepper sauce on the side

I decided to order steak after seeing that dishes on previous nights had been cooked as expected (ie not well done). This was cooked as ordered and was really big! I’m a slow eater and was still going long after everyone had finished. Ana asked if it was ok to bring out the dessert menus – I really didn’t mind!

For dessert I had the White chocolate bread pudding – with praline sauce and vanilla ice cream.

I promise there was bread pudding under the ice cream! I’m a big bread pudding fan (‘Ohana – I’m looking at you!) and this didn’t disappoint

Ollie went for Prince Naveen’s caramel banana crème pie – caramel toffee based topped with banana and abundance of whipped cream, which was my second choice of the menu.

I tried a bite and can confirm it was also a good choice.

We were chatting away to our table mates all through dinner and agreed to meet them for a drink after dinner.

We met up in La Piazza (which is beautiful if always quiet), and ended up in Oh La La. Twice in two nights for us – well, we are sophisticated champagne drinkers…

It was a ring of bubbles again for us, this time with an elderbubble and a pomegranate passion. We chatted away for a while, talking about accents and differences between the UK and USA.

During our drinks, some French maids came into the bar and starting dancing. Although this seemed weird at first, we then realised that some of the Walt Disney theatre cast were visiting all the adult areas and dancing. They are very talented and I did feel sorry for them dancing to only about 8 people in the bar.

After drinks, we said goodbye to our tablemates and headed to our stateroom.

This little guy was waiting for us -

Ollie had mentioned to our stateroom host how much he liked the Ghiradelli chocolates earlier in the day and asked if we could have some extra. He left us four each night from then on

Not being content with just the choccies, we ordered some late night room service.

Shockingly, I have no photos. We ordered some chocolate chip cookies and a mickey premium bar to make diy ice cream cookie sandwiches. I completely recommend this!

And what did we decide to watch whilst eating this? Cool Runnings of course! Had to be done with Jamaica coming up tomorrow. What a great end to a great day!

Day 7 - Jamaica

Edited at 06:37 PM.
Scruffette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List