View Single Post
Old 23 Mar 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Options With BA when Balance Is Due Discussion?

Hi

Our Balance is due on 20 June.

If the situation remains as is at this time i am wondering what the options are.

I assume the voucher will if i choose that option will be to the value of the holiday booked and will take into account the deposit paid so far and the seat booking payments made.

I am happy to re book for 2021 but i really hope BA don't act like idiots and jack the prices up so we all end up having to pay more than the voucher.

If i take voucher i am guessing i wont be able to see flight prices for the date we travel ( 27 July ) until 27 August which would be 11 months out.
So i take a voucher and then go to book 27 July 2021 when it comes up for booking and find the flights are way more expensive.

What is there in place to stop this happening, does anyone think flights will be cheaper?

Assuming BA have included our dates of travel as being able to cancel would i be better asking for a refund of the deposit and seat bookings?

I am not overly keen to pay another £3000 to BA and wait for flight to be cancelled.

Obviously this all depends on what the situation is in June.
I would be interested to know what people who have been able to modify or change up until the 31 May Date BA are currently using.

Has anyone had the voucher and tried to rebook? How was it?

There is probably not enough cash to pay everyone a refund which is why Voucher system will help them.

Just don't let it be a way to try and rip people off by deliberately making flights more expensive

What are other peoples views and experiences so far.

Like i said i am happy to move holiday to next year if it comes to it , i just don't want to be taken advantage of by BA