View Single Post
Old 23 Mar 20, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

If i take voucher i am guessing i wont be able to see flight prices for the date we travel ( 27 July ) until 27 August which would be 11 months out.
So i take a voucher and then go to book 27 July 2021 when it comes up for booking and find the flights are way more expensive

Thats the bit I don't like!

I am due to go mid july and am resigned to the fact I may have to postpone to next year. I will pay my balance for hotel (WDTC) knowing I can 'move' the holiday forward a year if needs be and have decided NOT to bank my DVC points as IF WD is closed again or theres some other reason I cannot go, they will give back my points and I can always put them into RCI

I'd prefer to go this year though.

Its the flights i'm worried about.
Most people from Uk and Ireland travel july/august and there's going to be a tsunami of cancellations if restrictions persist. If AL cancel, I get a voucher or cash for next year.
If they manage to 'avoid' cancelling (somehow) and its still not really safe for us to travel, thats a nightmare scenarion meaning I''d need to cancel and get the taxes only back or stand to lose the €2k for the flights.

Apart from emaiing IAG Group and BA ( or emailing flight/aviation/airline regulator)and ask what guarantees they are putting in place that prices won't be hiked next year!

Good Luck on this

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List