BnDamo
Imagineer

BnDamo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by elmlea22 View Post
I have travelled to Florida since I was a child and the villa prices nowadays are so high for what you actually get. My father used to own and rent villas so I also have first hand knowledge of the ins and out of a villa and I am taking into consideration the cost of living going up but serious £1000 a week is in my opinion far to much.

I haven't named names or put links up I am just saying that the cost for a 6/7 bed villa is a lot of money for what you actually get.

Oh and I wasn't taking about renting off here. I was talking in general.
I have been travelling to Florida for 19 years and have owned since 2003. In that time my prices have gone up once. The amount of competition determines your rate and having rented myself before owning, back in 2002 a 4 bed was £450/£500 a week. Rates perse have not risen with inflation ..totally the opposite. You only need to look at the MLS in the last 3 years and look at bank owned properties where the owner has just walked away to see that low rates = bankruptcy. So many owners relied on TOs who paid low rates and they have suffered most ,so much so that the inventory is not there for them and Virgin are scrambling around to find homes for guests they cant house. Based on that rates will rise and after 7 years with no increase its about time.
Compared to anywhere else Florida Villas have been a bargain and still are. I am just sorting out a trip for California for September and the rates for holiday rentals make mine look a pittance.
BnDamo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List