View Single Post
Old 8 Nov 18, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I always thought Cali Grill looked good but not for someone teetotal so I’ve never entertained it. It’s a shame it didn’t live up to the hype.

It’s so disappointing Be Our Guest wasn’t good either! Another I’ve considered but not sure now. That pate is ridiculous!
I definitely think it's difficult to get your money's worth at brunch if you're not a drinker, it's a pity they didn't have any special virgin cocktails as alternatives, it didn't feel very sophisticated sipping on a big glass of apple juice.

I'd definitely say you should see Be Our Guest for yourself, but it's probably one for the future, you know when free dining is dead and we're renting DVC points in 2020

Thank you for reading!

Originally Posted by Sue View Post
Thanks for the latest update, I’ve never really fancied Cali Grill brunch and this has just confirmed why!
We have a dinner ADR and have had two fabulous dinners there, hoping for a third.
When I saw other's reviews of brunch I thought we would be spoilt for choice and have been stuffed but it sadly just wasn't for us, breakfast at The Wave was a much better experience for us. I think I'd have preferred dinner over brunch but I suppose it's another experience ticked off the list.

Thank you for reading.

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Yikes not a good food day for you (well excluding the room service), which is scary considering the amount of credits it cost you! That pate portion is pathetic, I feel like I'd have complained (although I know I wouldn't as I'm a wuss).
Did you do Cali Grill dinner last time I can't remember? We have booked dinner for our only 2 credit meal... I'm hoping the fireworks view justifies it even if the food doesn't.

P.s. I love cheap white chocolate mice too lol.
I feel like a right moaning Minnie today

I was very conscious of how many credits were splurged today and how little we enjoyed the food. I probably should have said something about the pate, but I don't like to complain, plus there was part of me wondering, was that the correct portion!? It was very nice pate, I kind of wish I'd asked could they just have brought me that.

We didn't do Cali Grill dinner last year, but we did in 2016 (sadly, I didn't do a trip report that year - I wish I had as I'm a completist). We had Mum with us that year too and she and Nik enjoyed it, but my steak was undercooked but I was too shy to say anything so I took the whole thing away in my handbag

The fireworks view 100% justifies it, I'm sure your food will be lovely!

Thank you for reading!

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I know that room service meal would have gone down a treat in our house. Yummy waffle fries, plus a chicken quesadilla is Kate's favourite thing to eat.

Such a shame the brunch wasn't as laid back as you had hoped. I agree with you about the price for dinner at BOG being pretty good oop, I don't think we'll be back in a hurry. Although I did like the French onion soup for my starter. You're right chip was too cute to eat!

I'm glad your view from the contemporary was so worth it. Relaxing there with the waffle fries and fireworks...I can't think of anything better.

Oh and your Halloween rice crispy treats looked great shame you couldn't eat them! It's fun to try and recreate this stuff though.
The Contemporary was amazing, I was so jealous of all of the people checking in for longer stays.

I might re-attempt Rice Krispie Treats at Christmas time, I did white chocolate strawberry ghosts and even I didn't couldn't mess those up

Thank you for reading!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List