View Single Post
Old 6 Sep 18, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Brum26
VIP Dibber

UPDATE TIME!

So, as I mentioned in our previous post, we were considering whether to move everything back by a day or 2 due to our original dates meant flying out the morning after Jemmas year 11 prom. Unfortunately due to my Moms work dates and the fact that Disney now charge to change dates even when the price remains the same, we have decided to stick with 29th June.

I have been browsing flights for the past 3 or 4 weeks and have now finally booked. Our preferred airport was Manchester and even though initially Gatwick was coming up cheaper, the prices flipped a bit in the last week so we are now flying with Virgin direct from Manchester. We ended up booking through NetFlights and got a price of £513 each for Economy Classic. I had in my head that I wanted to get flights for £500 each so that was close enough for me. I checked again today and they had gone up by about £30 each so I am happy with that.

Just for anyone who is seeing great prices from TravelUp, we also saw some good prices but when I called them to check that this was for Virgin Economy Classic they didn't have a clue. The customer service was horrendous and that was before I had booked so we decided not to risk it. I've since heard other horror stories of people who have booked only to find out later that they had Economy Light despite TravelUp saying it included luggage.

Anyway, as it is only just over 100 days until we can book our ADR's lots of deliberation is currently going on to finalise restaurants. My Mom who is a notoriously fussy eater has just said, book where you want to go and I'm sure there will be something I will eat. I even printed off menus to show her for about 20 restaurants to see where she would like to eat but she has just been very laid back and told us to book whatever. I can't wait to see her face when I tell her that we are going for Japanese food at Teppan Edo!

So we have 296 days to go, lots of saving still to do and lots of planning to sort out. Will update about ADR's soon!

August 2022 Pre-Trippie HERE
Brum26 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List