View Single Post
Old 19 May 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi there,

I also work 3 days a week but get school holidays so luckily we got our puppy (now 4) at the beginning of the holidays so it gave us a good amount of time to spend with her before we returned to work/school. It was harder when she was tiny and for a long period of time I was lucky enough to have family who could spend some time with her during the day playing in my garden or taking her for a walk. I always take her out every morning before work (we live in the country so lots of space for running off energy) and for 2 days a week she stays at home alone from 9 till 4 - she became very reluctant to go out with my sis-in-law who walked her for me, and it became a waste of time her popping in as Roxy would be sleeping soundly in my bedroom and wouldn’t even lift her head when she called her to go out! She is a very calm, relaxed dog and doesn’t need a huge amount of exercise (read as she is a lazy lump! ) so this has worked out for me.
I hope you can work something out that suits your family.